A big thank you to everybody who has expressed their support for me and offered to help to get me elected. I now have supporters' networks on every campus and am planning to get around and meet members around the country over the next couple of weeks.
I am really looking forward to these trips as they will give me a much clearer sense of what local and/or national issues are of most importance to members.
If you are inclined to help, I have a number of suggestions of things you could do that would involve very little effort - and some things that would require more time :-) So please get in touch (david.small@canterbury.ac.nz) and I can put you in contact with my supporters on your campus.
It's rather disappointing to see signs of a dirty tricks campaign emerging (see the Anne Rogers post in the Comments section of Amalgamation: For or Against), but I'm hoping it's a one-off and will not allow it to distract me.
Tuesday, 18 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I urge contributors to both my and David's blog not to use pseudonyms or "anon". I hope I can speak for both David and myself in assuring you that we will not take legitimate issues raised with us personally. We have these blogs to enable members to raise any concerns they may have with us or ask questions of us.
With kind regards
Maureen Montgomery
While I prefer to know people's names, I am quite relaxed about people choosing the 'Anonmymous' option when they post on this blog. My only objection is when somebody (like 'Anne Rogers') masquerades as somebody they are not, especially whilst lecturing me about integrity and respect.
Post a Comment